Evangelizing the world for Christ
Educating Christians toward spiritual maturity
Equipping & Empowering Christians for ministry
Effectively & Efficiently administering within the ministry
Doing all of this to the glory of God and with Excellence
1936 – Mount Calvary Baptist Church was organized as a branch of the Elizabeth Baptist Church and established as a mission.
1938 – Rev. Alex Sales completed the steps of getting the mission chartered in Canton, Ohio. The Church was officially named Mount Calvary Baptist Church and services were held at 118 East Voris Street.
1945 – Mount Calvary Baptist Church moved to the corner of Miami Street and Voris Street.
1961 – City of Akron bought the property on the corner of Miami and Voris and services were held in a rental property on McCoy Avenue.
1964 – New location founded at 442 Bell Street.
Past Pastors of Mount Calvary Baptist Church:
Rev. Alex Sales (Founder)(Deceased) 1937-1950
Rev. Charles Carter (Deceased) 1951-1961
Rev. Samuel Johnson 1961-1964
Rev. K.L. Braziel(Deceased) 1966-1970
Rev. Ralph Hughley 1972-1978
Rev. Carl Reaves 1979-1980
Dr. Joseph C. Ford, Jr.(Deceased) 1981-1986
Rev. Jeffrey A. Dennis 1988-present
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
442 Bell Street
Akron, OH 44307